Welcome! I’m Barbarah Fedoroff. My introduction to living with spirit are memories of the way by grandmother, who I called Nanny, lived her life. Nanny was my first spiritual teacher. We never talked about spirit. She simply took me along as she performed many acts of loving kindness for family, friends and neighbors.
These childhood experiences led me to seek my own spiritual path. The direction that took is detailed in About.
Sharing what I’ve learned is the spiritual intention of Barbarah’s Blog. Please join me here every three weeks as I share spiritual tools based on universal truths that support our paths.
Now, let’s begin creating a spirited life with Synchronicity: Nothing Happens By Chance – From the Ancient Hindu Manava Dharma Shastra
It’s not unusual to wish or pray for something and when we get it, think it was “just by chance.” But the universe is Divinely created and orderly. When seemingly chance events are meaningfully related, they’re considered synchronicities. They are often overlooked until we realize they’re a way The Divine speaks to us. Then we discover that our prayers and wishes are answered in ordinary and often surprising ways.
Here’s an example of a Synchronicity: Several years ago, my husband and I decided to move to a less hectic area that was aligned with our spiritual paths. This was a major decision taking us a distance from family, friends and our spiritual community. We spent time praying about this and began our search. We looked at a number of houses, but none felt right. While visiting our daughter, she drove us through neighborhoods near her home. As we absorbed the beautiful scenery, we passed a hillside with sheep grazing that looked like a picture postcard.
After searching for several weeks, we realized we weren’t likely to find a suitable house and the realtor suggested we buy land and build. One night soon after, I dreamed of sheep grazing on a hillside and the next day asked the realtor if she knew of a property like that. She said she didn’t, but invited us to come along to check out a new listing she hadn’t seen.
After driving awhile, we found ourselves at a hillside of grazing sheep, which turned out to be less than a half-mile down the road from the property we were about to visit. On the upside, the lot was a beautiful blending of woods near a stream, wild ferns, and a slight rise back off the road, a perfect location for a house. On the downside, the area was very isolated compared to the town we lived in near New York City.
To move there seemed like a radical change. But we allowed ourselves to be guided by the synchronicities, built a house and have been here for several years. As we adjust to a more rural life, we’re discovering like-minded people and the area is developing with more shopping and entertainment. Our move continues to feel inspired.
Discovering the Synchronicities:
- The drive with our daughter past the sheep grazing on the hillside;
- The dream of sheep on a hillside;
- The available property located down the road from the sheep farm.
These are synchronicities, seemingly chance events that are meaningfully related to our prayer for a less hectic area that was aligned with our spiritual paths.
Four Steps to Follow When Asking for Divine Assistance
- Be clear about your request. I find it useful to write down what I’m about to ask for. The more clear we are in our prayers, the more likely we are to recognize the synchronicities that are Divine Responses.
- Connect yourself with The Divine by stating your request in a prayer. For example: “Lord, please help us find a place to move to that’s more peaceful and aligned with our spiritual paths.” Or, “Heavenly Father, please show me a way to spend more time with my family.” Communicate with The Divine in the way that’s most natural for you.
- Practice identifying synchronicities. Let’s say your request is to spend more time with family and (a) someone shows you an efficient way to accomplish a work task more quickly; (b) you are offered assistance on assignments with unreasonable deadlines. These events get your job done more quickly, giving you more time to spend with your family. They are seemingly chance events that are meaningfully related: They are synchroniticies, Divine Responses to your prayer. After making a prayer request, remember to be alert for the synchronicities.
- Say a Prayer of Gratitude for the answer to your prayer. It can be a simple “Thank you Heavenly Father for giving me assistance so I can spend more time with my family,” or it may become a lengthy conversation between The Divine and you.
Please join me again at Barbarah’s Blog on Sunday, August 15, 2010. In the meantime, keep in touch. I’d like to know how you’re discovering synchronicities in your life.
MAKE BARBARAH’S BLOG WORK FOR YOU!
COMMENT, PLEASE IN THE REPLY BOX–Your comments will help Barbarah’s Blog become relevant to your life. Your comments can also be helpful to others. So don’t hesitate. (1) Scroll to the end of the post (article) where you’ll find a light grey bar across the bottom of the page. Find Comment at the far right of the bar. Click and make your Comment.
E- SUBSCRIPTION – This free service notifies you by e-mail of new Barbarah’s Blog posts. Go to E-Subscribe in the bar on the first page of the blog. Type your e-mail address in the box. Click Enter. You’ve just become a Barbarah’s Blog subscriber!
Hope you’re joining me! Barbarah